Saturday, January 7, 2012

No more hiding! Out with the old, in with the new!

I have good news and bad news...

The bad news is...I'm STILL fat.

I was hoping after getting my teeth all yanked out I'd have lost some weight...no such luck. There is a good chance I'll always be fat...but I still hope to work on it and be a little less fat sometime in this lifetime.

The good news is...there will be no more pictures like this:

baghead

Or like these:

me hiding collage1

And thank God, no more like THIS! (gross picture warning)



004 cropped

Because....


On Jan. 3rd, I had a dentist appointment...to pick up my new smile!!

No more hiding! Gotta work on my smile a bit, I haven't used it much in a long time, I need to practice...

Cheese!

me framed
I'm still fat...still pretty ugly...but by golly I now have pretty teeth! Now...if only I can figure out how to eat with them!

Talking with them was hard at first, but I'm getting the hang of it...the eating is another story. I was told to eat only soft foods for a while, make everything small, and to put food in both sides so I can chew evenly not one sided. I've been doing that, but for some reason the food tends to go down between the bottom dentures and my cheeks and I feel like a chipmunk LOL. I've been eating about 5 bites per meal with the teeth in, then I give up and take them out to finish. Practice practice practice I guess. Someday I'll get the hang of it...I hope!



Toodles!

1 comment:

Dazee Dreamer said...

I think you look lovely. I'm gonna smack you for saying you are ugly.

Thanks for the warning on the gross teeth. yikes.