Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cake Decorators in the Making

I'm going to attempt to do a post, with pictures...I hope to God it doesn't screw up the spacing again. Cross your fingers!

My dad LOVES cake. Especially cake with a lot of frosting on it. So, every now and then I'll bake up a bunch of little cakes for him, frost them, and cover & bag them, and give them to him for his freezer.

I made 6 of these cakes on Friday. I decided to let Jilly & Bree each decorate one, for fun, kept them busy for a bit. Bree piled on colored sugar, and I mean PILED. She did try her hand with a decorator bag too, and did good for a 3 yr old. She was making leaves. One leaf got really big, so I said, "Wow, that is a big leaf!" She said, "Mom that isn't a leaf, its BROCCOLI!" ahhh ok...

Jilly did pretty good too. She tried her hand at making roses for each corner of the cake, and did pretty well. I think she would have done better if she wasn't watching TV while doing it, God forbid she miss Big Time Rush.

Saturday we delivered the cakes to Grandpa, and I'm sure he's enjoyed one, or two of them already.


009


014
Toodles!

3 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

oh my. I wish I lived close to you so you could make me 6 cakes for my freezer. :)

What a fun thing to do with your girls.

Tammy said...

That's fantastic! They both did a great job. I wish I lived close to you so that you could teach me how to make beautiful cakes like yours.

For Heavens Sake! said...

2 cakes down, 4 to go as of today.
Grandpa is happy!