Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm Afraid...

So far, I have worked out every day this month. I'm frustrated I haven't gotten as much weight off as I'd like so far. I've been working hard exercising, and cutting back on the crappy foods I've eaten all my life. I was really hoping I'd have more to show for all this effort by now.

SO, I've had a few people tell me that I'm working out to much (LOL I don't believe it... ) But anyways, they say my body needs a break now and then. Maybe it does, I'm no expert. I have a fear though, that if I take a break, I'll never resume!

Exercising is not fun. I do not like it. I force myself every day to get downstairs and do it, leaving my enjoyable things ( like talking to friends, watching TV, reading, etc.) behind so I can exercise to better myself.

If I take off a day, I fear I will lose momentum. I'll lose motivation. I'll never do it again..and be right back where I started, or worse.

Its kind of like a craft project that wasn't as fun as I thought, or a book that wasn't as good as I had hoped...so I set it aside saying I'll finish it tomorrow...yet tomorrow never comes, and the project or book never gets finished. That is what I think will happen if I don't exercise one day. I'm afraid.

So far, I've worked out, even on days I've felt sick and would rather have been laying on the couch. I'm afraid to skip a day...

Frustrated.

Toodles.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

I totally understand where you're coming from. I know that there are many times after my "day off" that I don't feel like doing my work-out. In order to get over that, I had to find an exercise that I love.

Now, whenever I don't feel like doing any exercise - I go for a run or a walk. It's still exercise, but it's exercise that I love.

From what I've read, you've spent a lot of time on the treadmill. No wonder you don't like to exercise!! There are so many fun options to choose from.

Leslie Sansone has some great walking DVDs that are fun, and will really make you feel like you've worked out.

Also, you could try some dance type workout DVDs.

At the end of the day, if you don't want to not work out each day - that's OK - but you need variety. If you're doing the same thing every day - then you're body is getting used to it.

If you're scared to take a day off, take an easier day. Go for a walk, lift some light weights...something not as heavy impact.

You also said you had a Wii Fit...there are several games out for that now.. Zumba, EA Sports, My Personal Trainer. They all offer variety - and are pretty fun.

Dazee Dreamer said...

Wow Joanna has some great ideas for you. You should do what she says.

Renee said...

Joanna...The treadmill to me means walking and/or running. I use it because its cold and icy outside so I can do my walk and/or run inside and not worry about slipping or freezing. Plus, Bree can play while I do it. NO EXERCISE IS FUN. I don't like any of it. That is my problem lol. I've tried Kelsey's dance thing on the wii, I'm not coordinated enough to do it. Might have to check out the Zumba one sometime.

Amanda said...

I am just so proud of you for sticking with it.. but I can totally understand your frustration. I hope you will continue with it, because I know that you WILL see the results you want!!

Be blessed-
Amanda