It's been a long long day. Last night I baked the 2 layers of the cake, and we mixed up 3 batches of fondant, and started the coloring process. It takes FOREVER to color fondant. Kels & I farted around with cake crap until midnight last night. First we'd plan it one way, then change our minds, then we'd forget about something and have to rethink it...Kels was very picky about what she wanted for her cake...and quite the pain in my rear. I was tired and I wanted to go to bed. Finally about 12:30 I get all cozy in bed, but go figure, I can't fall asleep. It was after 1 before the sandman finally came by. Of course at 3:00 Aubrey woke up, so we had to cuddle in the chair for about half an hour. I was not happy when I woke up about 3 minutes before my alarm went off, I wanted to still be sleeping. I thought I overslept, because it was so light outside, but thankfully I didn't.
Then things got busy....really busy. I drove Jilly & the neighbor girl to school, stopped by Casey's for a drink, went to the grocery store in town, then the bank, then Dollar General, then family dollar, and then to Ace Hardware...all in search of skewers, that I needed for this stupid cake. No one had them. I got a dowel instead, the thinnest I could find. It did the trick, thankfully. (Funny thing is, when Bill came home for lunch, I told him all the places I searched for skewers...he said, "Oh, we have some of those back in the cupboard"...and he went and got them! UGH I wish I knew that! Would have saved me a LOT of running around and time this morning). Oh, did I mention, all of that was done BEFORE 9 a.m.? By the time I got home I was ready for a nap. To bad that wasn't in the cards.
Kels & I got busy making pieces for the cake out of fondant. Did I mention I HATE working with fondant? I guess I'm just an old fashion buttercream kind of gal. Its just sooooo time consuming. Maybe its because I don't have a clue what I'm doing. We worked on this damn cake all day, I kid you not. And I still think it looks like shit.
I think I like the looks of it without the big #16 better. Anyways, I'm glad its done. I don't have to hear her changing her plans any more...not till next year anyways. Right now Kels is downstairs hanging out with her friends, while I'm dreaming of bedtime...I'm soooo very tired.
Now, on to Mama M.'s 5 Question Friday...
Here are todays questions, my answers will follow below.
1. What's your guilty pleasure?
2. What is your favorite TV series?
3. Can you speak any foreign languages?
4. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
5. What's your favorite kind of M&M's...peanut, almond, straight up regular, etc.?
1. McDonalds cokes. I get them as often as I can, and feel guilty about spending money on them...but its better then spending it on smokes, booze or drugs...right?
2. I think my favorite is Grey's Anatomy...or maybe Private Practice...or maybe Dancing with the Stars...or maybe Desperate Housewives...hmmmm can't decide
3. I can speak a few words of Spanish, that I learned courtsey of Dora. I can also speak a few things in Norwegian, like counting to 10, My name is Renee, I love you, Thank you... My ex (Jilly's dad) is Norwegian. He only speaks to Jilly in Norwegian. I find it a facinating, yet complicated language.
4. I probably own 6 pair. Only wear 2 on a regular basis...mostly.
5. My favorite kind of M&M's are mostly regular, and the limited time Coconut ones, those were fab.
There ya have it folks. How about YOU answer those questions today too...leave a comment with your answers :) I love comments, and I'd love to get to know you more through your answers.
I can no longer hold my eyes open to type, so I'm outta here! G'night and Toodles!
Gingham Sheath Dress
1 day ago