Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Date-anniversary

October 19th, 4 yrs ago, Bill & I had our first date. We had talked online and on the phone, previously, but on the 19th, we finally got to meet in person.

I had to work that morning, and was anxious to get the heck out of there. Once I did, I ran home to freshen up, and went to our meeting place.


542

This is where we met. Sannauk Forest Preserve. Its just about a mile from where I was living. Isn't it pretty in the fall? This picture I took over the weekend, since I was there with the girls.

Bill was there waiting for me to arrive. He had this big ass grin on his face when he got out of his truck, I thought it was cute. We greeted each other, and decided to talk a walk around the area.

It was a brisk but sunny day. I just had on a thin sweater, and I was a tad chilly. Bill asked if he could hold my hand as we walked, I said yes. Frequently he asked to switch sides, I asked him why, he said he was trying to make sure both my hands were able to get warm. How sweet :)

After our walk, it was time to leave, I had to get home before the kids arrived. We went to his truck to talk for a few minutes first. When he opened his door, waiting for me in his truck was a dozen pink roses, my favorite! He definitely won me over that day.

That was the beginning of our love. We had a fast courtship, met in Oct. engaged by Dec., married in Feb...we were busy ;) When you know, you just know...

We've been together ever since. We've had good times and bad. He drives me totally insane sometimes, and I do the same to him...but, we remain together :)

Happy Date Anniversary Bill. I love you.

QOTD: Do you remember your first date with your spouse/significant other?

Toodles!

2 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

that was so awesome. keeping both your hands warm. be still my heart.

Queen B said...

That was a very romantic story! I love the whole "first time meeting in person" thing!!! Have you ever seen Serendipity? I love it! It's so romantic! Anyway, since he and I were friends for a while before dating, I really couldn't tell ya which was our actual first date. But I would say it was right before Christmas because we went Christmas shopping for all the kids. It was especially affectionate because the phrases like "imagine the possibilities" kept coming up. He'd talk about the kids and how well they got along. And apparently the day went well because after getting home and making dinner for the kids, he called and asked me and the kids out to Muggers for cocoa and coffee. We were there for a couple hours and I think that was when the ball started rolling!!!! I couldn't tell you what I did to assist in his change of heart, because at the beginning we talked about our relationship and he swore up and down, that we would never date!!! I love reminding him of that conversation! I get the best feeling of "I told you so!"