Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Holy Hurricane!

This morning I was woken up at 5:50 a.m. because of a phone call. After I hung up the phone, I heard the sound of the winds whipping outside. I got up to look out and holy cow, it was like a hurricane! The rain was blowing sideways, trees were blowing like crazy, stuff was flying by...wow. I wish it wasn't dark so I could have gotten a better look, what I saw was all out by the light in the alley behind our home. I laid back into bed, and just listened for a while. The power went out 3 times in 15 minutes while I was in the bed. Finally the winds eased up a little bit, but were still super strong. I decided it was time to get up and shower, in case it got worse and took the power out for a long period of time.

On the way to the girls schools I saw a lot of trees and limbs down. One limb was in the middle of the road right around the corner from our house. I had to squeeze by the side of it, Kels got a little nervous. The girls made it to school ok. Thankfully the wind wasn't as bad as when I got up, if it was, Jilly would have blown away!

A few hours later I decided to go out with the camera and take a few pictures, of course I'm going to show them to you :)

Windstorm
Cool huh?

It's not looking to bad out right now, but I hear we are supposed to have winds continue through tomorrow sometime. There will be a lot of clean up in town this week I think. Thank God this didn't happen on Halloween!

I feel like I got a taste of what those in Hurricane regions go through. I'm glad I'm not in those areas. My taste was enough.

QOTD: Have you ever had home damage due to high winds?

Toodles!

3 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

We lost shingles off our house. like a whole section, not just a few. scary.

Anonymous said...

Yesterday a tree across from us fell down across the chain link fence crushing it. The last storm we had a month or two ago took down a large tree between us and our neighbor.

We've had flood damage in the past as well.

My biggest fear is a tornado or a fire!

Amanda said...

WOW!! Hope all is well and back to normal. This crazy weather is...well, crazy!

Blessings-
Amanda