Friday, October 8, 2010

Glass Galore

I like meatloaf. I make it frequently. I make it in the same way, in the same glass baking dish, each time.

That will no longer be an option.

Why?

Because. Because when I made it yesterday, the same way as always, something happened. Something that about made me piss myself.

You see, I had taken the meatloaf out, drained some of the grease off, set it on the top of the stove, as always. Then I went to mix the ketchup and brown sugar mixture that I spoon on top then bake on for a bit. As I was mixing it, all the sudden, KABOOM! I turned around to find glass shards EVERYWHERE. The glass pan just shattered, blew up. Not sure why. I am sure it scared the crap out of me.

I'm thankful no one was in the kitchen with me. It could have really hurt someone.

What a mess to clean up...glass was everywhere. I ended up with some in my thumb. Ouch. I did get it out though with some tweezers, but zowies it hurt.


meatloaf mess
One piece landed in a candle that was on the counter, it melted the candle and got embedded into it. Kinda cool...if flying hot glass can be cool.

The glass seemed to all fly away from the meatloaf. I checked it really close, since Bill wouldn't let me pitch it, God forbid we waste anything...but I sure couldn't enjoy it like I normally do, I was worried I'd bite into a piece of glass at any second....

QOTD: Have you ever had a glass baking dish shatter?

Toodles!

1 comment:

Dazee Dreamer said...

you are so lucky you didn't get hit by the flying glass