Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mother's Day Mania-Day 1

Bree is sleeping, and I should be taking a nap, but instead I'm blogging! Why? Well because I want to be part of Mama M.'s Mother's Day Mania that's why! Even though I had a crappy night, was up 3 times w/Bree, 1 time with the dumb dog that has to pee in the middle of the night, and 1 time because my husband flung the cat onto me after she pounced on him in the wee morning hours...let me say that waking to cat claws in your back isn't fun! Everytime I was woken up, falling back to sleep was difficult due to hubby and his loud snoring. Bah! Ok, sorry, I started ranting...tiredness makes me cranky.

Like I said, today is the start of Mama M.'s Mother's Day Mania. To get the details click on this post. Today is Whoopsie Wednesday! Here we go:


Photobucket



My whoopsie involves Zach. I don't remember his exact age, but he was a young toddler. When you were a kid did your parents or siblings ever have you lay down, then they grab an arm and a leg and swing you, sometimes they tossed you onto a bed or something soft? Well I had it done to me lots of times...and I liked it. So, I thought I'd do it with Zach for fun. Well, he laughed for a minute or two...then started crying. I didn't know what was wrong. He kept favoring his arm. Crap. We ended up taking him to the ER, and he had dislocated his elbow, but thankfully while they were messing with it to X-ray, it went back into place. Poor Zach. I felt so bad. Its amazing how something so fun can go so bad so fast!

That is the only whoopsie I can think of at the moment...I'm sure there were more with my other kids, but I must have selective memory and maybe I blocked out the bad stuff. Oh wait! I remember another...with Kelsey...

We were at the old Walmart in Plano. She was sitting in the cart seat sideways. I was stupid for letting her. She was doing fine, she loved sitting like that and we never had any problems until that day...she flung herself back for some reason, and out of the cart she went, onto the hard Walmart floor. Scared the crapola out of me. She screamed bloody murder for a bit, and a code white (I think that was the code for accident) was called, management and everyone came to the scene. I got her settled down and we decided it was best to take her to the doctors to be checked over real quick. She was fine, thank God.

OK now really, thats all I can remember. If I think of anymore I'll add to it later.

Toodles!

QOTD: Do you touch bugs/worms, etc? Can you put a worm on a fishing hook? (my answer is HELL NO! I'm not a fan of bugs of any kind, my kids think its funny to hold them and chase me around the yard with them, bad bad kids :P )

3 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

Renee, first of all your bug and worm question. No freaking way in hell! Unless it's the cute little potato bug or a lady bug. That's it. Had a grasshoper land on my shoulder once when I was a kid, and looked it straight in the eye and then started to run in place. hehehe I can still see that.

Now, those were some pretty sad oopsie stories. But all is well. I'm trying to rack my brain for some oopsie stories, but your remember, long term memory and such.

Have a good one.

Danielle said...

Hell no I won't touch bugs!! NASty, nasty creatures!! I take that back I can handle lady bugs and butterflies other than that... HELL NOOOOOOoooo!!! :-D

Tammy said...

Oopsie on the Zach & Kels incidents. I would have freaked too.

QOTD: I'm not really a fan of bugs and I'm absolutely incapable of being in the same postal code with a spider. I could touch a worm if I had to but it would completely gross me out.