Sunday, July 18, 2010

Feeling the urge...

I really really REALLY want to rearrange my furniture! My husband hates when I do this, because I usually need his help to move something heavy, or to switch cables etc...So I'm trying to resist my urge to change things up. Its so hard, because our living room is small and we have a lot of furniture so changing is not a easy task. But I always feel so good when its done, it gets a good cleaning, and things look different, instead of the same ole same ole that I see every stinking day.

I'd like to change things in the kitchen too, I'd kill for a round table instead of the rectangle one we have. There are only a few ways for it to sit in there and its awkward every way. I wonder if anyone on Freecycle has a round table to get rid of...

Our bedroom...OY. The bed has been in the same spot since I met Bill. There really isn't much we can do in there since our bedroom furniture is HUGE and the room is small....but it really drives me bonkers. I hate keeping rooms the same, especially permanently! :( There is probably one way I could change it, but it would involve some serious work, and Bill's help, and I know there is NO WAY he'd do it. Bah.

Maybe I'll change up my blog...I blame you Dazee for this :P I've been thinking about it for a bit now and you changing up yours really got me in the mood now.... I need to take some new pics of my family for a new banner first though, so I can't do that now. Drat.

Oh well...maybe I'll fight the urge by being lazy, and reading a book today... I should run to the store for some supplies for baking. I'm going to make a banana cake for my parents anniversary this week. I should also do some cleaning for Kelsey is having a few friends over tomorrow to sleep out in the tent...but I'm leaning on making her do the cleaning since she is the one wanting people over...sounds like a good plan to me. Hopefully it will stay somewhat clean, for my mother in law is babysitting for a bit on Tuesday night. Kels & I have to go to a stupid mandatory meeting at the school regarding sports and rules and crap. Its so not fun sitting in the HOT school for boring meetings. Bah.

I'm a little cranky today, can you tell? Bree woke me up earlier then I wanted to be, and earlier then she needed to be up, she is cranky as heck and in need of a serious nap. I also woke up to diarrhea and my period. Woo freakin hoo. I need some chocolate, chips, and a good nap.

QOTD: Do you like to rearrange furniture?

Toodles!

7 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

omg, I love to move things around, but haven't since I've been married. But when I was a teenager, I would always change my bedroom around. For the same reason, got that deep cleaning done. And it just made me happy.

I'm sorry that I made you want to change your blog look. Can't wait to see what you do with yours. I'm still playing around and trying to figure out how to make it look just a smidge better, but I am liking the 3 column thing.

omg, guess what I bought today? M&M pretzels. you read that right. have you seen them, or tasted them. oh my. heaven.

Renee said...

Yes, I've tried them...and LOVE them. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

you can come rearrange my stuff...

Tammy said...

You are sooo obsessed with changing things around. You never keep things the same for more than a couple months. HAHAHA.

QOTD: When I was a teenager I was constantly rearranging my room but as an adult I don't do it. Do I get the urge? Not since I got married, no. I have enough to do, I don't need to add more work onto my shoulders.

Our rental townhouse is small and there really isn't much we could do to rearrange anyway. We can't change where the tv cables are and some of the furniture is bolted to the wall for Paige's safety. Now that my FIL has moved, it isn't so easy to get help with handyman type stuff to do any rearranging anymore. My hubby is NOT handy.

Amanda said...

Girl... you got some ants in your pants! :)

I do like to change things... after I clean them that is. Now to just find time to actually clean.... :)

Be blessed-
Amanda

Mindi said...

I love to decorate-and I even wanted to go into interior design when I was out of high school. I've been in a mood to put things up on our walls lately but I want new picture frames/and family photos so of course that costs money! Have to wait a while longer! Changing up the blog is always fun! I really hope you have a better week dear! No more crankiness! :(