Saturday, February 20, 2010

Yummy Snack

I'm a fat girl. I like snacks...to much. I love popcorn, but can't eat it. Well, I CAN eat it, if I want to pay for it the next day with my rear being glued to the toilet. So, I've had to be a bit creative about some popcorn type snacks...trying to get a similar flavor, buttery & salty with different items. Sometimes I used puffed wheat, or puffed rice cereal, or even Cheerio's. Yes, Cheerio's! In fact, many years ago, Cheerio's had a recipe for hot buttered Cheerio's so I'm not just nutty making this part up. Its not popcorn by any means, but its decent, and satisfied a craving.

Recently, I got to thinking, how I'd like something similar to caramel corn. Hmmm what could I do? Then I came up with my own little recipe. First time I made it, it was THE BOMB, as in GOOD! So I stuck to that recipe and I make it often. I'm going to share it with you now. Are you ready? You'll think I'm nuts probably. I'll take something healthy, and totally demolish it and make it into something yummy (and bad for me)...

You'll need:

Puffed Rice cereal -about 1/4 of a bag or so...for me its however much I can fit in the pan without it going all over as I stir LOL

002

Some butter, I use about 1/2 a stick

003

Some brown sugar (I don't measure, I dump, I'm guessing about 1/4-1/2 cup)

004

You'll also need some cinnamon, and salt. :)

Here is what you do...

Melt the butter then sprinkle in some salt & cinnamon

009

Then add in the brown sugar, and stir, for about maybe a minute, or a little less

010
011

Then add the puffed rice cereal, and stir

012

Stir and cook for about a minute, coating all the cereal with the buttery sugar mix. Then chow down. Its yummy!

013
015

Seriously, its GOOD. Try it! Thats it for now. Toodles, and happy snacking.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

That looks so beyond healthy! LOL. Leave it to you to come up with yet another strange concoction that has my arteries clogging by just looking at it. Silly woman!

Mama M. said...

Seriously? That actually looks really good!!

BTW...your photo always gets me giggling!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Renee said...

Seriously! :) It is super yummy. Try it. I DARE YOU. Then come back here and let me know if you liked it or not.