Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Renee's Recipe Round-Up - Soup

Happy Wednesday everyone. Its time for Renee's Recipe Round-Up! This week the theme is SOUP. Its simple to participate. Just grab my button over there on the side (copy by highlighting, then control C, I have right click disabled on my blog, sorry). Put my button on your blog telling people you are doing my round up, then blog your favorite soup recipe! Then come back here really quick and link up on the linky below. That way others can visit your blog to see your recipe.

I haven't made this in a while, so I don't have any pictures to show you. I will tell you though, my soup is very YUMMY, and easy too. My soup is, Cheesy Wild Rice Soup.


CHEESY WILD RICE SOUP:
6 oz box of Uncle Ben's Fast Cook Long Grain Wild Rice
4 cups milk
1 (10 3/4 oz) can of cream of potato soup
1/2 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
1/2 lb bacon, fried, drained and crumbled (you can buy the pre-made bacon crumbles for convience)

Prepare rice according to package directions. Add milk, cheese, soup and bacon. Stir till thick and cheese is melted. You may have to thicken with flour/water or cornstarch/water to make thicker.

Try it, I think you'll like it.

QOTD: What is your favorite fruit? (The edible kind, not person kind ;) LOL )

Toodles!

3 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

hahaha, the edible kind of fruit!! you crack me up sista.

I would have to say watermelon. Especially if it is so sweet there are bee stings on the outside. oh yea. woo-hoo it's summer

Mindi said...

yay! I have a great homemade chicken noodle!! I'll put it together this weekend! :)

Mindi said...

PS: Cherries are my favorite! And they are in season! Yay! :)