Friday, November 27, 2009

The day after

We survived Thanksgiving. Woohoo. I cooked, quite well if I do say so myself. Didn't have a lot of people over, just the girls, Bill, Zach & his friend and my mom and dad. We chowed down, I cleaned up, and then we visited for a bit before mom & dad headed home. Here is a picture of the 3-layer pumpkin spice pie I made. Yummy looking isn't it? It was good, and super easy.
002

My mom did something totally awesome yesterday. She gave me some money to shop for the kids Christmas presents. She knows money is tight and she wanted to help out. I will be doing some more cleaning and home improvement projects for her in return. The money sure came in handy today when I was out shopping at 5 a. freaking m. More on that later.

After my parents left yesterday the girls and I ran out to Kmart. I was looking for a toy that was supposed to be on sale, of course it was sold out, but I did get a raincheck. Then it was off to home again, to set up the tree. We just have a small tree, that sets on one of our end tables, because our house is to small for anything else right now unless we got rid of some furniture in our living room. Its nothing special, just a tiny tree, with pretty lights, some cheap ornaments, and a very few special ones. Aubrey & the cats really enjoy the tree.

I was so tired last night from all the festivities. I was hoping Bree would go to bed early, but nope. She finally went down at 10:30. I tried to go to sleep then too, but I couldn't seem to fall asleep. It was around midnight when I finally did. At 1, the stupid dog was whining to go out. I took her out, went back to bed, 10 minutes later she whined to go out again! UGH. I get back to sleep, then Jilly is up in pain again. I give her some meds and go back to sleep, until the alarm goes off at 3:30 telling me to get my tired ass out of bed to shower and go shopping. It was so hard to get out of bed, I was super tired. Once I was ready, I got the girls up (yep, had to take them with, no one to watch the little ones.), off we went at 4:30 to Walmart Hell. Talk about a madhouse. We had a plan. Bree & Jilly were in my cart, and we went off to get the doll set, while Kels went off to get the DS that Jilly wanted. Thankfully she scored the LAST one! We also got some PJ's for the little girls, some hoodies for all the girls, a cabbage patch doll for Bree, and a few other things I can't think of at the moment. It was then time to face the dreaded lines at the check out. OMG, the lines were so long. We waited in line for over an hour. Jilly was in the cart, sleeping. Kels took Bree walking around to keep her content. Thank God for Kelsey. I was so glad to get the heck out of there this morning. Poor Bill had to work during that mayham. He said this year there was a lot more people shopping, and it was a lot more disorganized.

Poor Jilly has had a toothache since Wednesday night. She has been in a lot of pain. Unfortunately we don't have a dentist for her since we've not had insurance, so I didn't have one I could take her to right away. I have a call into one here in town, they of course were closed today. I'm going to try them again tomorrow, if I can't get them I'll keep trying places till I can get it taken care of. Until then, does anyone have any home remedies that work well for toothaches? We're doing alternating tylenol and ibuprofin, and heating pad...now she is trying an ice pack to see if that works any better. Poor thing.

Oh, and the dog has something wrong with her too now. Just can't seem to get ahead around here, always something happening. The dog has been scratching and licking her belly, its all red and raw looking. We put her cone thing on today to keep her from licking it.

So, if you are the praying type, please say a prayer for Jilly's tooth, and for the dumb dogs belly area. We'd really appreciate it!

No comments: